This blog is now only inactive. It foremost serves as a memory of my Red Cross and Red Crescent mission in Sudan from 23rd of August 2008 to 15th of June 2009.

Thank you all for following my journey it has been highly appreciated.

Take care

Thomas, 14th of September 2009

Monday 18 May 2009

Todays joke

We are sitting in our office at the headquarters of Sudanese Red Crescent in Port Sudan city. And some volunteers are about to leave the office after meeting the volunteer coordinator Mahmoud, so i say: 

Me: "See you around!"

Volunteers: "What?"

Me:"You know one can say; See you. And one can also say; See you around. Like in around the place and here".

Mahmoud:[The volunteer coordinator looks at me with a big smile in his face and says:] "See you in line! Hehehehehehehehehehe".

Sometimes when I explain and get understood it feels really great and then these sort of jokes become hilarious. Hehe, I am getting local I think. 

3 comments:

طه حسين احمد said...

see you in triangle,, hahaha,, that was so funny ;P

طه حسين احمد said...

you know Thomas, we have many of these funny situations actually, in the west of sudan dialect "kiss" means let me pass/ if some one is standing on your way,, one woman was walking in a narrow road with heavy load on her head while Khawaja was on her way, and she said "kiss ya Khawaja" he looked at her and said " no no thank you very much" :D

Thomas said...

hehehe. Thank you for sharing, Taha. I look forward to see you again soon in Oslo. Also I think one of your Sudanese contacts added me on facebook from Bergen. So that is really cool. See you...